It finally feels like fall and I was in the mood to bake this weekend so I went with my go-to easy and delicious recipe for Pumpkin Dump Cake.
A dump cake is similar to a cobbler but with a cake-like topping. It is so named because it is prepared by “dumping” ingredients.
For the pumpkin dump cake, you make a pumpkin pie like layer on the bottom and top with a box of spiced cake mix dumped on top. So easy!
For the recipe you’ll need a can of pure pumpkin (not canned pumpkin pie), evaporated milk, butter (I forgot this and had to send my in-laws to the store), sugar, a box of cake mix and a few spices.
- 30 oz pumpkin puree canned
- 16 oz evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 package Yellow or Spice cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch pan.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and spices in a large bowl. Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin filling. Sprinkle pecans over cake mix. Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for one hour. Allow to cool.
That’s it! Top it with cool whip just like you would a pumpkin pie!
More Posts for Show: Stephanie Taylor